Why you should attend SEO conferences
SEO Conferences are amazing opportunities and not enough of you are attending them, fact.
SEO is a big part of the web these days and more often than not a website relies solely on its search engine presence because it provides them with a lot of very useful organic traffic. Organic traffic is key to a websites success because it can’t be purchased, it has to be earned, and the only way to earn organic traffic is to provide good quality content to visitors that is clear and precise. The likes of Google and Bing use certain algorithms to decide on whether each piece of content is user friendly and in turn will reward that specific piece of content with a place in the search results.
You probably already know how it works, which is why you are wondering if attending a SEO conference is going to benefit you and your projects. My point above is that no matter how experienced you are when it comes to SEO, there is always something more to learn and going to a SEO conference may not be a bad idea after all. First of all, let’s have a look at few of the reasons why people DO NOT attend SEO conferences:
- The costs involved – The entry itself to a professional SEO event can cost anything between $900 and $3000, and then you have to take into consideration the travel and hotel costs which could potentially be another $1000-$2000, so you are looking at a massive $1900-$5000 per conference per person. That is a massive price just to attend a SEO conference which is why a lot of people don’t see the benefit.
- Time and effort – Not only are the costs off-putting enough, but the SEO event could last 2 days itself, and when you include travel and preparation time, the whole event could end up costing you a total of 5 days – which is even more money lost from not working.
- You could gain nothing – Ok so you might enjoy the experience of going to a SEO event, but you could potentially gain nothing else from it which would put all that time and money down the drain.
The reasons above are just some of the many reasons why people don’t bother with SEO conferences and there are probably a few other reasons too, but with all the bad points out the way let’s look at all the reasons why you SHOULD attend a SEO conference:
- To gain knowledge – You will find a lot of SEO professionals attend these conferences and you will be able to mingle with them. The whole point of going to SEO conferences is to communicate face to face with everyone else involved. By communicating with the other professionals you will always learn new things and gain extensive knowledge about things you might not even know existed. All of the knowledge you gain from these events could prove to be worth a lot more than the time and money you spent on attending in the first place.
- latest SEO trends – The internet is changing all the time and so are all the search engines, you will often learn of new trends that get implemented into some of the biggest websites out there and you can take that away and start coming up with your own ideas.
- To get content ideas –The content of any website is especially important because it attracts the visitors, and visitors will ultimately earn the webmaster money. Being able to provide good content to visitors requires good ideas that are not only informative, but also unique. To come up with content ideas can sometimes be a headache and you will often end up hitting a brick wall because you can’t think of anything. One of the benefits of going to a SEO conference is to get ideas from other people, just chatting to new people at SEO conferences will not only create great connections, but it also provides attendees with great content ideas.
- To connect with potential clients – Of course, if you are a SEO artist you will need clients to keep your business moving. You’re never guaranteed anything from going to a SEO event but you will find that many who have attended these conferences have not only walked away with good ideas and helpful knowledge, but they have also walked away with new clients. The great thing about SEO conferences is that everyone is there for a reason, to engage and communicate with others to get insight and give insight. This provides potential businesses with an easier way to approach clients face to face instead of via email or on the phone. Talking to potential clients face to face gives them more confidence in dealing with you and your business because they can see what you are all about not only on a business level but also on a personal basis.
- To make friends and acquaintances – As above SEO conferences are a great way to meet new people all with the same interest. Many businesses have met clients at these events and some have made lifelong friends. No matter what you are there to do you can guarantee you will be able to communicate with people on a business and personal level – you may even find a new friend that you end up working with on a new project.
In conclusion, SEO conferences are never guaranteed to provide anyone with new clients or even any new connections, but what it does provide is a great atmosphere to communicate with other professionals working within the same industry and anything can be taken away from these events. Of course, these events can end up costing a lot of money so it’s important that you do not expect to take anything away from these events other than the overall experience. Enjoy talking to the people around you and just spend the whole weekend listening to ideas and you may find that you end up walking away with multiple contacts and a few ideas to take your projects to the next level.