White Hat V Black Hat Link Building
SEO artists from all over the world are debating on link building using different methods, and those methods are black hat and white hat link building. White hat link building is deemed “legal” by all search engines whilst black hat link building is frowned upon and using black hat methods to build links will ultimately get you black listed with not just Google, but a lot of the other popular search engines as well. Whether black hat link building is allowed or not, webmasters are still implementing it into their SEO practises and are actually getting away with it to a certain extent, but it’s still not recommended.
If you are still interested in knowing how using black hat methods to build your links or provide you with an added advantage over your competitors have a look at some of the methods below:
- Quicker to build links – Many webmasters will pay for hundreds of links at any one time, whilst Google will unlikely find this out, it still isn’t permitted because Google only likes websites that build links naturally thanks to the quality content they provide.
- Article spinning – This is a very popular method among black hat SEO users that use automated article spinning software. This means they can take an original article from another website, and jumble it up in a way that it will be 100% unique and copyscape passed. This might be a good way to fill the website with content, but it’s a poor method because half of the content never makes sense to the readers! That will ultimately make your content unreadable and visitors will never return to your site because it’s filled with rubbish.
- Cloaking – Cloaking techniques are often used in black hat to trick search engine spiders. Cloaking will provide certain data and content to a search engine spider and different data to humans. This is a way in which the website can get high in the SERPs by providing visitors with completely different content they have searched for. Google do often catch people using this technique and websites are often black listed or are penalised.
- Keyword stuffing – This trick has been going around for years now and search engines usually are aware of when this happens thanks to their algorithms. People often stuff their content with loads of the keywords they are trying to target which makes content unnatural. Using this black hat method is a good way to getting your site black listed.
- Blog commenting – This is a method that has been doing the rounds for years and it is in fact deemed pointless by a lot of webmasters because many blogs these days have the “no-follow” option ticked so all links won’t count by the search engines. Apparently this is false data and you just need to post some quality comments that don’t look like spam – do that and you will be able to build links safely and with ease.
- Link exchanges – Get in contact with other webmasters that own websites in the same niche as yours and see if you can come to some arrangement that will get your website a link on their website in return for one on yours. Many webmasters think this is pointless but if you can do this with established websites then you will find that it has a great effect on search engine rankings.
- Buying links – As mentioned in the black hat methods buying links are deemed to be black hat, but it is also a white hat method because Google will never find out you have purchased links. If you want to make it totally white hat then you will need to purchase links that are relevant only to your sites content instead of just buying links on any website that has absolutely nothing in common with your own.
- Article submission – If you have a great website filled with great content then you might find creating a few articles for article submission to article directories could benefit your website hugely. There are plenty of big websites out there that will provide a link back to your website if you can submit a unique article that gets accepted and meets their own guidelines. Of course, you will need to be a good writer yourself or hire a good one that can get your articles accepted. Doing this across multiple article directories will ensure you get better rankings with the keywords you are targeting.
- Latest news – You could always take advantage of the search engines news portals for your websites recognition. If you can create a news article that is about very recent incidents, then sometimes flagging them as news articles can get it indexed in search engines almost immediately.
Those are just a few of the ways that black hat link building or other black hat methods can benefit you – but just remember you use these methods at your own risk and it isn’t recommended SEO practise. If you are looking for ways to build links by using white hat methods only then have a look at the following ways in which you can build a successful website and stick to the search engine rules:
Those are a few of the many benefits white hat methods provides and as you can probably see it is a more time consuming method but you know your website won’t be penalized like a lot of the black hat methods will.
As above you will be able to see the many benefits both blackhat and whitehat link building methods can benefit your website but it is clear that if you get caught using blackhat methods you are likely to get your website blacklisted and it won’t have any results in most search engines, and because of this we feel sticking to whitehat link building methods might take longer, but it’s the safest option. If you quickly get your website listed in the top results of many search engines thanks to blackhat link building methods, then of course that is happy days, but then if you get blacklisted all of that work goes out the window and you will have to start working on another website, which makes blackhat link building pretty pointless.